What do I do ?
I translate creative texts from French to English.
What is a creative text ?
You could argue that any translation involves a level of creativity. But a creative text is designed to be read, to engage the audience, and is very often published. A creative translation will convey the essence and message of the source in a style adapted to the target audience.
What can I bring to your creative text ?
- I'm a qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) and abide by the ITI Code of Conduct
- I have 23 years translating experience, including 17 freelance
- I have lived in France: I worked for Mumm Champagne in Reims for three years
- I have business experience: I spent 13 years with top-end companies in the drinks business
So you know I can translate a text and I understand how a business operates.
But what else ?
- Copywriting: I have a copywriting diploma from the College of Media and Publishing (distinction grade,
- CPD is now a fact of life for every professional. I am Coordinator for the ITI Media, Arts & Tourism (MAT) network and an active member of the ITI French and Scottish networks. I attend conferences and workshops. I organise an annual workshop for the MAT network,
- Culture and interests: I have project-managed an arts festival, I read French and English magazines, publications and books, I visit France every year and socialise with French friends locally, I love food and wine, fashion, yoga and so much more..
So I understand not only the language you use but also how you use it to reach your target audience.
I live and breathe the language and culture and will live and breathe your text until I get it just right!